Messy Daveâ€™s is a complete Sloppy Joe dry seasoning mix of natural ingredients â€“ Nothing artificial and No preservatives! All you need is ground meat; Messy Daveâ€™s and water! Use with any ground meat; beef, chicken, turkey, pork, ham, venison, bison. You can even use vegetable protein in place of meat! Messy Dave’s Gourmet Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix is available in Original and Mild flavors. A li’l sweet, a li’l spicy…A lotta good! Resealable pouch allows you to make from one sandwich to eight sandwiches!
Messy Dave’s Ingredients: Chili Powder, Onion, Brown Sugar, Spices, White Sugar, Garlic, Tomato, Salt, Cornstarch
Brown up 1 lb. of ground meat or 1/2 lb. of vegetable protein. Drain excess grease. Add Messy Dave’s & mix. Add 1 1/2 cups of water. Simmer for 10 minutes to desired consistency. Serve on hamburger bun.
Recipes with Messy Dave’s Sloppy Joe Dry Seasoning Mix
- Prepare Messy Daveâ€™s per pouch instructions with ground beef or ground chicken.
- Cut 12 mini bell peppers (red, yellow and orange) in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and stems.
- Stuff with Messy Daveâ€™s mixture.
- Keep beef or chicken filled peppers warm in a 200F oven until ready to serve
- Makes 24 appetizers.
Sour Cream Dip
- 1 â€“ 8oz. tub sour cream
- 4 â€“ Tbs. Mild Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix
- Stir Messy Daveâ€™s dry seasoning mix (more or less to taste) into sour cream.
- Mix well. Chill at least one hour. Serve with potato chips.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Set oven to 300F.
- 4 to 5 lb. Pork Shoulder Roast.
- 1 â€“ pouch Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix (Original or Mild flavor)
- Sprinkle all sides of roast with Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix.
- Place on a rack inside a 9â€ťx 13â€ť baking pan.
- Roast for 4-6 hours until roast pulls away with a fork.
- Remove roast and cool until it can be pulled apart using 2 forks.
- Serve on hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls.
- Add yellow mustard, bread & butter pickles and onion if desired.
- 1 lb. ground meat of your choice (beef, chicken, turkey, venison)
- 4 Tbs. Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix (Original or Mild); more or less to taste
- Mix ground meat with Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix.
- Divide meat into 4 servings and form patties.
- Grill or pan fry until they reach desired doneness.
- Serve on buns with desired condiments.
- Makes 4 servings.
Chicken or Pork Main Dish
- Sprinkle Messy Daveâ€™s Seasoning Mix over boneless or bone-in chicken parts or pork loin chops.
- Grill on BBQ, bake in oven or pan fry for a quick, easy, delicious entrĂ©e.