|Medical Alert Charm
in quality .935 deox sterling silver measures approximately 3/4 inch and comes strung on a black leather adjustable cord. These medical alert charms are both stylish and life saving for men or women.
Choice of generic Medical Alert or Diabetes Medical Alert engraving on the back. Information about the Medical Alert Wallet Card is included – how to get and personalize one for free from a recommended website.
There is overwhelming evidence that medical charms can help save lives and prevent mishaps. If you are thinking about whether or not a medical necklace or bracelet is right for you, here are few things to consider:
- Diabetes: Approximately 23.6 million children and adults in the United States have diabetes. Your custom intake of insulin can be printed on your medical ID card. In case of an emergency, paramedics will be able to attend to you without having to waste time looking through a medical record. More than 75% of emergency responders check for a medical ID immediately upon assessing the patient. If you are wearing a medical bracelet or necklace, it won’t be missed.
- Food Allergies: Perhaps one of the least known reasons to get a medical charm is to help children with severe food allergies. Childcare staff and teachers may be unaware or uneducated about how to deal with children with severe food allergies. A medical charm can serve as customary instructions on how to help a child when they are unable to communicate their food allergies in an emergency.
- Epilepsy: Dealing with epilepsy episodes is not easy. Bystanders may not be educated enough about epilepsy to know how to help someone. The constant fear is as follows: “I feel very insecure about going out in the world never knowing if I’ll have an episode and no one would know how to help me.” Don’t let fear prevent you from doing what you want; a medical ID bracelet or necklace can help someone figure out what to do.
- Vegetarians: The 2008 census brought about some interesting findings. One in every 200 US kids are vegetarian! What can be frustrating for parents raising a vegetarian child, is dealing with public school systems that are not vegetarian friendly. If the school faculty is unaware that your child is vegetarian, they may not know not to give them any meat.
- Asthma: Asthma affects 20 million Americans yet it is difficult to tell if someone is suffering from an asthma attack. A medical alert bracelet can eliminate the time wasted when trying to evaluate whether or not someone is having an asthma attack.
- Lost Child: No one is a perfect parent and can honestly say that their child hasn’t escaped their sight. As horrible as it sounds if dog tags can help you find your lost pet…why couldn’t a medical charm help you find your child?
- They are more fashionable than you think: Unfortunately, the common misconception about medical bracelets and necklaces is that they are unfashionable and stick out a little too much. What people don’t know is that medical bracelets and necklaces have come a long way and can be highly fashionable!