- The affiliate link is used to track website visitors so that you get commission when someone makes a purchase. The link sets a cookie in the visitor’s browser, then redirects them to the Michigan Made Products & Gifts “Shop” page. In order to receive commission for a customer, they will need cookies enabled within their browser at the time that they click on the link. The cookie will be stored on the visitor’s computer for up to 30 days. You will receive credit for that customer if they purchase from Michigan-Made using the same browser anytime during that 30 days.
- Affiliates are paid 5% per sale generated from their affiliate link. The sale is tracked when a customer first clicks on an affiliate referral link and completes the payment transaction.
- All affiliate fees are processed quarterly (on the last day of January, April, July, October). Once your payment has been processed its status will change from pending to sent. This process may take up to one week. EXAMPLE: Affiliate payments would be processed April 30th for all sales made from February 1st to April 30th
- Affiliates must generate a balance of $25 or more before payment is sent.
- Commission payments can be made via Check or PayPal.
- Affiliates are responsible for checking with their bank to ensure they accept check payments from the US.
- Affiliates are responsible for any and all fees, taxes, exchange rates, surcharges and other expenses incurred in order to receive their commissions. Please check with your local banking institution to find out if any of these apply for your area/country.
- Customers that have been issued a refund within the first 30 days of the purchase will be deducted from commissions owed.
- Referrals that pay by insufficient funds check will be reversed.
- Referrals that are found to be fraudulent (false information, fake/stolen credit cards etc.) will be reversed.
- Referrals that issue a credit card charge back will be reversed.
- Affiliates may use the approved banners and ad text code found in the affiliate management center. Affiliates are responsible for ensuring that their tracking code is working properly before sending traffic to Michigan-Made. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the affiliate – commissions will not be paid for tracking errors caused by editing, masking or tampering with your links.
- By registering for the Affiliate Program you agree to accept the Terms and Conditions, Affiliate represents and warrants that his/her web site(s) and/or blog((s) do not and will not contain, display, promote or include obscene, indecent, violent, discriminatory, illegal, pornographic, or adult content, including, but not limited to, text, graphics and images.
- By registering for the Program you agree to accept the Terms and Conditions, Affiliate represents and warrants that his/her web site(s) and/or blog(s) contains and displays content (including, but not limited to, text, graphics and images) in addition to the links, promotional materials, and branding made available pursuant to the Affiliate Program.
- Please allow 24 hours for your affiliate membership to be activated since they are manually reviewed. You can set up your banners before activation but will not receive any credit for enrollments until the account is activated.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time without warning or advanced notice. Your account WILL BE DEACTIVATED and commissions set to $0 for failure to comply with the Affiliate Terms contained herein.
- Any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts may be deactivated upon review.
- If you would like to discontinue your affiliate status, simply remove your affiliate links and no longer promote them. For accounting purposes your account and personal information will not be completely removed from our system.
Taxpayer ID Number Requirement for US Based affiliates Earning Over $600:
- Michigan-Made encourages US based affiliates earning over $600 a year to obtain an IRS issued Employer Identification Number (EIN) to input into your account as a taxpayer ID number. If you do not have one already, you may click HERE to get yours at the IRS web site. Note that this is a free process. The IRS will either provide your number online, or mail it to you. Once you have obtained your EIN please be sure to key it in to your Michigan-Made Affiliate account, in this 9-digit format: 12-3456789. This helps to simplify the year-end 1099 reporting requirement. In any event, US based affiliate accounts earning over $600 are required to have a taxpayer ID number of some kind linked to their account, at a minimum a social security number. If inputting a social security number, be sure to use the proper 9-digit format including dashes: 123-45-6789.
- BY REGISTERING AS AN AFFILIATE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions apply to you. You may review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions on the site. Michigan-Made may change the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time at Michigan-Made’s sole discretion. Posting of such changed Terms and Conditions on the site shall constitute notice of such changes to you, although Michigan-Made may choose additional types of notice. Michigan-Made will use reasonable efforts to provide you with 10 days advance notice of changes that materially and adversely impact your use of the Affiliate Program. Your continued use of the Affiliate Program following notice constitutes your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to deactivate your account as described above.